6.10.2012

What Jack Wore: Graduation

Paul Smith Suit

Graduation is arguably one of the most important times of a young persons (read; teenagers) life. That, along with Prom, getting a driver's license, the 18th birthday that turns a child into an adult, albeit an immature one, getting into College, or not, and, well, that's pretty much all I can think of. Well, first boyfriend, first drink, and first bad drink experience also make their ways into memories, though some of those experiences are not ones I care to relive.

But back to Graduation and the amazing-ness of it all. The feeling of graduating high school is so liberating. While you feel accomplished and excited and all that, the most important thing everyone in those caps is thinking is "Yes! The days of my parent's rules are over! I get to do whatever I want! College, here I come!" Though about six months into College, you realize you would trade your college-drinking-and-no-curfew-freedom for your mom to do your laundry and cook your food. Cereal and dirty underwear isn't cutting it anymore. But graduation is, nevertheless, an important and exciting day. I was so glad to be able to watch my brother as he got his diploma, along with every other blue-robed kid in his class. Though he is giving me a run-for-my-fashion-money, especially in his pink Paul Smith suit and whale cufflinks.


One with the proverbial blue robe, of course.
Congratulations! 

No comments:

Post a Comment