6.15.2012

Dressing For: A Gala



Tomorrow night I have The JDRF Hope Gala in San Francisco, and I am still trying to find a dress. Instead of actually going to find one, I thought I'd internet shop around a bit and pretend like I had unlimited funds. A $7,000 dress for one night that isn't my wedding? Perfect! Now we just have to decide what I should wear. Should I go elegant hippie in the Roberto Cavalli Printed Silk Chiffon and Lace Gown? Bridal in the Monique Lhuillier Blue and White Ink Blot gown? Fun in the Jason Wu Belted dress? Should I argue that Oscar not only does the best greens, but the best yellow's too? Or Maybe I should go totally unconventional in the Valentino Jumpsuit or the Marchesa Bubble Skirt gown? 

1 comment:

  1. This was SO inspirational! I happen to be attending a gala myself tomorrow evening. Unused to black tie, I had to make a purchase myself. I love fashion but I cannot STAND to shop. I sent my daughter--we happen to be the exact same size--to do the dirty work. She came back with a flowy gorgeous black and navy number that I love! Somehow she found this gem for 250 buckeroos! THEN she talked the saleswoman into a discount (!!) because of a small tear in the back of the gown. That's a super shopper!!

    ReplyDelete